Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? (Part Two)

on Lunes, Pebrero 20, 2012

(The story of a man named Joshua and the ladies that became part of his life. How he fell in love, feel loved, and searched for love, Joshua discovers how to really love a woman.)

Second of Three Parts:
BRENDA

            On my way to nowhere, I paused for a while. Then I noticed I escaped from the city of crowded streets to a peaceful place of lovely sea. Perfect fit for soul searching. The waves and the breeze relaxed my nerves. The sound of the sea made me happy, unlike the songs that I used to sing with Coleen which just makes me cry as they remind me of her. This is what I want to see, and this is where I want to be. The sight of this place made me realize that waves may come and go, but the perfect wave is worth waiting for.

            I decided to take a short walk then I found a perfect spot. There are tourists who stay on that place, enjoying the waves and having fun along the sands. I wanted to make myself busy not by looking at the ladies on the beach, I tried to build a sand castle instead.

            Building a sand castle is not easy. You keep on working although waves might destroy your work. You use your bare hands to make a perfect mold. I know it’s not enough to exert all your efforts with nothing to use in molding shapes and designs for your plan… Then a lady came and handed me a shovel, asked if she could help me, and that’s how it all started.I met a stranger because of a sand castle. I met a friend on a peaceful way. I met Brenda, who fulfilled me during the time I was empty.

I don’t know why she keeps on picking some seashells on the shore, thought most are seen on the sand. Until she told me that like the seashells, beautiful things in life are not always beneath your reach. They also need to be discovered. And even more beautiful than what you expect.

I enjoyed her company on my one week stay on the beach. Like the wonderful seashells along the sea, I didn’t expect to find her. Brenda built a castle for me – a magical one, where I am the king and she is the queen. She held my hand and confessed her feelings for me. The night before I left the place, we sat on the sand while reminiscing the week we’ve spent together.

I admit I like her. And I don’t want to see her cry when I’m leaving. And as soon as possible, I have to be honest with her. I love her as a friend, as a sister, as a teacher. I’m not really expecting to befriend a stranger until she came to cheer me up. It’s more than what I’ve expected… Brenda fell in love with me. But I don’t want to tell her I feel the same way for the sake of moving on. I don’t ever wanna hurt her, or even use her.

I packed my bags and ready to leave the shore. There I saw Brenda sitting on the sands. She built a castle and put wonderful seashells on it as a decoration. We took a photo of it together so I could remember the moments we’ve shared together. Before we parted ways, I planned to tell her what she needs to know but she spoke first. She admitted that she rushed things too fast, and she predicted my thoughts before I could tell her.

I left the place with a smile on my face. Knowing that somebody cured my wounds and it healed so fast. I had the feeling of being loved after heartbreak… I felt living on a castle after being homeless.

The very important thing Brenda taught me about love: Do not search for love. Love will find you. You’ll never know, someone out there would build a better place for you.


(Photo courtesy of "Dear John")

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento